Secondary School Admissions
To all our year 6 Parents/Carers
If your child is in year 6 from September 2019, you are now ready to apply online for a secondary school place for September 2020. To access the Local Authority Website please go to the following web page:
This website is available from Wednesday 12th September 2019.
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2019.
What do you need to do?
- Go to the school open evenings
- Take a checklist along with you of questions you want to ask.
- Collect information either from school or from Internet:
- School prospectus
- School profile
- Ofsted report
- School website
- Performance tables – available from www.direct.gov.uk
- Include your child
- Ask for and consider their opinions and ideas
Check how closely your child fits the Admission Criteria or Policy – each school has a policy - BE REALISTIC
Over subscription criteria – this is applied if there are more applicants than places
Remember schools criteria differ. For example, community schools apply different criteria to faith schools
What do I need to do?
If you live within the boundaries of Liverpool City Council Complete the on-line form
- If you are an ‘out of city’ resident you must apply to your home authority, e.g. Knowsley, Sefton,etc
- This applies no matter which Primary School your child attends or Secondary School you are interested in
- You can name schools in other authorities on Liverpool’s application form
- Check if the schools you are interested in need a direct application. For example, faith schools and academies. These forms are additional to the local authority application
Apply on time
Keep copies of all receipts
Keep your e-mail address active