Welcome to Year 4!
Mrs. Craven and Mrs Docherty will try and get as much of your work on these pages as we can.
We will take digital pictures and save iPod and iPad images here as well.
That way, your mums, dads, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, cousins, friends, pets, aliens and anyone else you can think of will be able to see some of the exciting work you are doing in school.
Welcome back to school and the start of our third term of Year 4.
Here is what we will be doing over the next six weeks;
We will be entering another imaginary world and using all our descriptive senses to write about our journeys through that world.
- We will be looking at the features of explanation texts, identifying them in a variety of examples and presenting explanation texts about how bees make honey and how paper is recycled.
Do we live around here?
- Comparing and ordering fractions.Recognising decimals and equivalent fractions.
- Revisit rounding three digit numbers and money. Multiply and divide by ten and one hundred.
- Column addition and subtraction.
- Compass points and measuring clockwise and anti clockwise turns. Angles; different types and their units of measure.
- Locating positions on a grid using coordinates.
- We will be exploring this theme through Art, Geography, History, ICT, and Science.
- Our entry point will be investigating the habitats around our school, using the IPODS to record these. Following this we will consider how external forces affect habitats and the places we live in.
- our IPC work will really help our Science work too!
- We will start by classifying living things, then look at how living things are adapted to their environment and food chains.
Reconciliation - Building Bridges
- We will explore how the new life of the Easter message is spread through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We will look at the importance of friendship, admitting wrong and being reconciled with God.
While you are here, take a look at Kids' Zone.