Welcome to Year 4!
Mrs. Craven and Mrs Docherty will try and get as much of your work on these pages as we can.
We will take digital pictures and save iPod and iPad images here as well.
That way, your mums, dads, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, cousins, friends, pets, aliens and anyone else you can think of will be able to see some of the exciting work you are doing in school.
Here's what we will be doing in the weeks leading up to the next half term;
Stories with historical settings;
- Plan, tell and write stories set in the past;
- World War Two
- ‘Hannah’, Victorian setting.
- The Golden Goose.
- Excuses, excuses.
- Pied Piper
- Place value working with 3, 4 and 5 digit numbers.
- Addition and subtraction working with 2 to 4 digit numbers.
- Multiplication as repeated addition.
- Length measuring in millimetres, centimetres, metres and kilometres.
- 2D and 3D shapes
- Area of shapes.
- Polygons and types of triangles.
- Henry VIII’s life and reign.
- The marriages and wives of Henry VIII.
- What life was like during Tudor times.
Moving and Growing
- Animal classification
- The human skeleton.
- Names of bones.
- How bones and muscles work together to cause movement.
- Gathering of visual information from the school locality to create a visual story. This will be used to create themed art work, based on ideas from artists who used dreams to create their art work.
Domestic Church – Family; People
- Relating the children’s understanding of belonging to their own family to that of Jesus’ family in scripture and belonging to the family of God.
While you are here, take a look at Kids' Zone.