Themes and Topics in the Autumn Term.
Religious Education - Come and See
Labels and Captions
- Descriptive words and phrases
- Discuss the purpose of labels
- Writing labels
- Spelling simple words
- Write a caption for an object or a picture
Stories with Familiar Settings
- Reading and discussing stories which are set in key places e.g. park, garden, school, home...
- Recall key events from a story and answer questions
- Explore familiar themes and characters through improvisation and role-play
- Listen to and discuss a wide range of poems
- Pattern and rhyme
- Repeated language
- Descriptive language
- Name the letters of the alphabet in order
- Discuss the purpose of dictionaries
- Play and sing alphabet songs
- Use dictionaries to collect new vocabulary
- Listen to recounts of personal experiences
- Orally recount a personal experiences
- Identify the main features of a recount
- Write a simple recount
- Counting to and across 100
- Count forwards and backwards
- Count in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals
- Read and write numbers in numerals and words to 20
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictures
- Given a number identify one more and one less
- Read and write number sentences involving addition, subtraction and equals signs
- To know numbers to 10 and to 20
- Add and subtract one and two digit numbers to 20
- Solve one step problems that involve addition and subtraction
- All Dressed Up - Clothes
- The Magic Toymaker
- Self – portraits
- Continuing a Pattern
- Christmas themed activities
- Designing a t-shirt
- Learning about e-safety
- Agree on e-safety rules to be added to our class rules
- Logging onto the school blog
- Making good choices whilst using a computer
- Contrasts loud/quiet, high/low and smooth/jumpy listening to 'Carnival of the Animals'.
- Song preparation for welcome assembly.
- Develop a sense of rhythm, structure, style and mood through music and movement.
- Starting to look at 'Carnival of Animals' focusing on the concepts from last term.
- Song preparation for Christmas performances.