Spring Term Topics
Themes and topics for Spring term.
- Introducing new sounds and letter blends weekly.
- Decoding and blending simple words in their reading.
- Using phonic knowledge to decode more complex words.
- Forming letters using the correct pencil strokes.
- Applying phonic knowledge to spell familar and unfamilar words.
- Continue to develop reading skills using tricky words and word lists.
- Be able to write full name independently using the correct formation.
- Develop story telling skills through reading stories, role play and use of puppets.
- Writing a simple sentence using their phonic knowledge to attempt spelling unfamilar words.
- Recognition of numerals up to and beyond 20.
- Ordering of numbers up to 20.
- Accurate counting of objects.
- Forming numerals using the correct pencil strokes.
- Discussing addition and subtraction using mathematical language.
- Introducing money - recognition of coins up to 10p.
- Find out which number is one more or one less than a given number.
- Use everyday language to talk about size, weight and capacity.
Topics Spring 1 FOOD
We will be discussing and learning about-
- healthy foods
- our favourite foods
- stories about food.
- experiences of food from other cultures.
- recipes - we will be cooking biscuits, pizzas and bread.
- we will also be tasting fruit, bread and toppings for the best pizza!
Spring 2 WEATHER
We will be learning about -
- the seasons.
- different kinds of weather.
- our favourite weather.
- the best clothes to wear in cold or hot weather.
- painting pictures of different types of weather.
- why we have shadows
- we will also be making a weather station to find out how much rain falls or which way the wind is blowing!
RE. topics for this term. (Come and See)
Other Faiths week - we will be discussing and learning about ISLAM.