Over the Autumn term in Maths, we’ll be covering the following;
- Counting, partitioning and calculating
E.g. Hundreds tens and units, ordering numbers, adding & subtracting two digit numbers and counting in tens.
- Securing number facts, understanding shape
E.g. Counting in 2s 5s and 10s, halving and doubling, the properties of 2D and 3D shapes and problem solving.
- Handling data and measures
E.g. Presenting data in a variety of formats and using a range of measures.
- Calculating, and measuring.
E.g. Applying calculation strategies to real world problems and telling the time to the quarter hour.
E.g. Multiplication, grouping and number problems.
- Securing number facts, relationships and calculating
In English we'll be covering the following:
- Poetry: reading and discussing poems that have sound patterns or set out on the page in a pattern, writing rain poems
- Traditional Tales: reading, comparing traditional tales, discussing villains and goodies and writing a version of a tradtional tale where the goodie is the baddie and the baddie is the goodie
- Familiar stories: reading, discussing stories set in schools, shops, homes, writing stories , using connectives and time markers
- Instructions/Rules: reading and discussing firework safety codes, writing and recording firework codes for the reception children